Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Pitfalls of Bubble Breaker

Despite the fact that I have a three-core next-gen gaming machine with all the bells and whistles of ATI graphics and shading, I have been spending most of my time on what is possibly the most addictive game in the history of stupid, mindless games.

It's called Bubble Breaker.

You might know it as The Same Game, although I think Hexic has a similar purpose...all you do is click/tap on groups of more than three bubbles. Extra points if it's a bigger stack.

THERE IS NO POINT TO IT. AND I CAN'T. STOP. PLAYING. IT.

It was one of the games that came pre-programmed into my PDA, and I have developed an obsessive-compulsive thing with it...the other day, all I did was stare into my screen without blinking for 40 minutes on the train, tapping frantically whilst ignoring all the other commuters around me.

The other night, I stayed up until 2 a.m playing the friggin' game.

I don't think I can take it into lectures this semester. I'll learn even less than I did last year, and I don't think that was even possible...

2 comments:

Kristine said...

OH MY GOD. I am the same. They have boot camps for people like us. I was late for work by an hour the other day. There is a game on my work phone. Named nature park. Like tetris but with colours instead of lines to match up. Played it for an hour when I woke, before brushing, changing, showering, eating.

Seriously. Need. Boot. Camp.

David said...

You should try geometry wars. it's on the 360 at least. it's basicly the old astroid type game on acid. My mate had it, he had a 360 and a ps3 with gears of war and all these other really mad games and we would sit there for hours playing geometry wars.