Wednesday, May 21, 2008

When Gaming Affects Your Girly Shopping Habits

Popped into Myers today and they were having 30% off knitwear. 30%. Off. Knitwear.

*grins*

What doth this have to do with Technobabblement, you ask?

Well...

I saw this lovely long-sleeved, knee-length button knit- there was a choice of cream, charcoal or brown, but I went straight for the charcoal one (which also had hints of a dusky blue). Initially, I was devastated because the Size 10 was too big (Miss Shop have inconsistent sizing) but I managed to snag the last Size 6 which happened to be a perfect fit when I tried it on in the changing room.

And you know what?
It had a hood.

So I pulled it over my head to see what it looked like.

And oh. My. God.

It was an Altair hood.

This dude.

My thought process went as follows:
"This. Is. Way. Cool."
"Hey...it's also kind of like Luke's Jedi cowl in Episode VI except it's totally the wrong colour. Ooh, it's even got that funny pointy bit at the top."
"Hee hee...I look like the guy from Assassin's Creed...if you squint...and if you're drunk...and if you forget the fact that he's a highly trained male assassin and not a woman...tee hee hee."
"I am sooooo buying this."
And that was that.
Of course, if you saw it you'd be like, "Dude, it's a freakin' HOOD. People wear HOODIES, it's not like it's a big deal."
But I love it.
This knit shall now be known as the 'Altair' cardigan :D

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Oh my god, you KNOW how much I do this.

Dyed red hair (same as Garner in the first season of Alias)
Black pants (same as Garner in second season of Alias)
Cardigan (same as Garner in Suddenly 30)

...hey...reoccurring theme...!

So friend, I understand. You buy those hoods! You buy those helmets with voice changes!

Anonymous said...

HAHaha... I'm diggin that homie!